Monday, September 25, 2023

your hesitation on the use of the word '' guruji '' led me to thinking a new solution

 your hesitation on the use of the word '' guruji '' led me to thinking a new solution .  


Guru is giver , shishya receiver. what is given is the wisdom, to deliver from bondage of earth life, which ,as it is, beset with undesirables, like, 6 enemies ,arishadvarga, whose slightest imbalance throws  life out of gear bringing in  misery, disease, untimely-death .the wisdom is viveka, high discretion, and the power to overcome harmful tendencies .''yukthaahaara vihaarasya'' is a sample of such wisdom given by sri Krishna 


thru intense penance, sadhana , by guru's grace, one invites a guru into his being and the wisdom flows from internal guru by which he naturally gets attracted to good ways of living. till such time, he will be receiving the guidance from an enlightened guru, capable of showing the right path which he has come to know thru his own sadhana, and who is a living example applying the principles of right living in his own life quite naturally


the above has fully convinced me to receive guidance from you on yukthaahaara 


It is a  parampara to worship guru by names, guru, guruji, guruvugaru, sri guru, gurusri, sriguruji, gurudev , poojya , poojaneeya, gurumatha, mathaji, amma, ammavaru, guruma, master, father,   etc as per the system they come from


the alternative I have chosen , without compromising the parampara , is to address you as sri. It actually should be Sri. Due to my  liking to avoid cap-lock , I hope this small deviation will be tolerated by parampara . {In sanskruth , deva bhasha, no upper/lower cases}


in lighter vein, incidentally, sir has become sri . While I was driving home, dwelling on this subject in my mind, it suddenly struck to me that sir is a distorted form of sri or, sir has root in sri, or born from sri


so not wrong to use sir for guruji 


one word more.  I realized slowly, lately, your hesitation of my calling guruji. Your hesitation is born out of your great respect, profound  reverence, toward the  sacred word. I fully respect your feeling. And fortunately I found an alternative, sri, you may kindly approve. Your decision is final 

No comments:

Post a Comment